Derozio Memorial College
Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) Admission Notification 2018
Online Applications are invited for admission to the newly introduced three years regular (full-time) UGC Approved B.Voc (Bachelor of Vocation) Degree Programmes for the academic year 2018-19. The B.Voc Programme is focused on universities and colleges, which would also incorporate specific job roles along with broad based general education. It is designed with the objective of equipping the students to cope with the emerging trends and challenges in the Broadcast Journalism & Printing & Book Publishing Sector under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
B.Voc Programs available at Derozio Memorial College, affiliated to West Bengal State University is as follows:
B.Voc in (Broadcast Journalism) : 50 Seats
B.Voc in (Printing & Book Publishing) : 50 Seats
Eligibility criteria for Derozio Memorial College B.Voc in Broadcast Journalism & Printing & Book Publishing admission 2018:
- Candidates with 10+2/Inter/Higher Secondary in any stream from recognized boards are eligible for applying to B.Voc Programme
- Candidates whose results are awaited can also apply on provisional basis
Selection Procedure for Derozio Memorial CollegeBachelor of Vocational admission 2018:
The candidates will be selected on the basis of performance on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination (carrying 50 % Weightage) & screening Test/Interview (carrying 50 % Weightage) or any other method as may be decided later on by the selection committee.
Rules of Reservation for Derozio Memorial College Bachelor of Vocational admission 2018:
Reservation of seats as per the Government of India rules apply
OBC-Non Creamy Layer: 27%; SC: 15%; ST: 7.5% & PH/PwD: 3%
Instructions and Procedure for online submission of Application Form
Schedule for admission to Semester- I of UGC Sponsored B.Voc in Broadcast Journalism &B.Voc in Printing and Book Publishing in Derozio Memorial College, Rajarhat, affiliated to West Bengal State University for the Session 2018-19, is as under:
- Online submission of Application Forms from 02-06-2018 to 28-06-2018
- Direct Admission : from 18-06-2018 to 30-06-2018
- The entire process of admission of the students to Sem – I of B.Voc is online, making it student friendly, transparent and hassle free.
- The students eligible for admission to Sem – I of B.Voc, are required to go through these guidelines.
- The online admission process shall be completed in 2 phases.
- Before proceeding for online admission process keep your Passport size Photograph in jpg/jpeg in the range of 6 – 50 KB (size of 3.5cm x4.5 cm) and Specimen Signature ready in soft copy.
- After going through the eligibility criteria and instructions click the button ‘I have read instruction’ and then click the ‘Apply’ button.
- Enter your personal and academic details and the subject combinations preferences very carefully in the Application Form.
- Upload your Passport size Photograph and Specimen Signature.
- Check your details before you click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Please select the options of mode of payment of Application Form. (Whether cash or Demand Draft)
- Student is free to apply for admission in more than one trade/Subject.
- Students need not to submit the hard copy of Application Form or any document in the college during phase-I and i.e. submitting online application with requisite fees.
- The admission of the students is liable to be cancelled in the event of wrong information furnished by him / her in the Application Form submitted online.
- The students belonging to any reserved category should make its mention only if documentary support to this effect is already obtained from the issuing authority. Under process certificate will not be entertained.
Application fee with challan complete in all respect is to be submitted to Office of UGC Sponsored B.Voc Degree Programme (Admissions), In front of Journalism Department (1st Floor).
- Joy Chakroborty (9432100666/7003123375)
- Abhinaba Bhattyacharya (9674670407) and
- Tanmoy Nandy (9748817309),
Derozio Memorial College, P.O- R.Gopalpur, Kolkata-700136.
For further assistance please make a call without hesitation to Anirban Basu Roy Chowdhuri (Nodal Officer) : 9830551774
Timing of submission: Monday to Saturday (11.30a.m-4.30p.m.) except holiday.
Candidates are required to submit fee of Rs.250 (Rs.150 for SC/ST/PH) for B.Voc Programmes through Demand Draft from any Nationalized Bank in favour of Derozio Memorial College payable at Kolkata along with each Application Form or in cash at the office of B.Voc Degree Programme, Derozio Memorial College. College will not be responsible for postal delay, if any.
Total Fees: Admission Fee + Session Charge = Rs.12,200/-for each year. (Rs.5,000/-at the time of admission+Rs.600/- per month)+ Exam Fee.
Important dates for admission in B.Voc in Broadcast Journalism & Printing & Book Publishing 2018:
Starting date of online submission:1st June, 2018
Last date of receiving application fee: 30thJune, 2018(up to 05.00 pm)