CONSTITUTION AND MODE OF OPERATIONS OF THE CELL
The Cell is constituted with the following teaching and non-teaching faculties :
The members of the cell are :
- i) Dr. Sunanda Haldar
- ii) Prof. Debasish Chatterjee
- iii) Dr. Taritmoy Ghos
MODES OF OPERATION OF THE CELL :
The modes of operation of the cell are as follows :
To call a meeting to fix the time and date of the programme and to invite resource persons according to the topic chosen Preparation of budget for monthly expenditure according to UGC / College grant and submission of monthly utilization To arrange for monthly seminar programme and regular counseling by a counseller on weekly basis To take bimonthly report from the Regular Counselling (incorporating the number of old and new students for whom the counseling has done) To take suggestion from the Regular Counselling for the betterment of the students To take students feedback annually To arrange for seminar lectures on various topics which would inpart appropriate guidance for career opportunities for the students A synopsis of the special seminar lecturers of various resource persons is as follows –
- i) As a part of awareness programme in different arena, Prof. Debashis Chatterjee and Prof. Lakshmi Kanta Rana of our college enlightened the students by Computer Awareness discussing on basic theory of computer, its uses and development of software and its utilities.
- ii) Swami Tattaswarananda, Principal, B.Ed. College, Belur, gave an illuminating talk on Value, Morality and Ethical Awareness among Young Generation.
- iii) Dr. Rupasree Banerjee talked to the teaching and non-teaching faculties and the students abount HIV, AIDs, Smoking, Drug addiction and Food habit.
- iv) Eminent Science Communicator and Psychologist, Dr. Amit Chakraborty, delivered very pertinent talk on ‘Necessity of Science Awareness Among Young Generations to Eradicate superstition’.
Besides, a few seminars were arranged with the theme of Youth awareness, Job awareness, Environmental awareness and sustainable development.