The Anti-Ragging Cell of the College seeks to prohibit conduct of students, which has the effect of teasing and causes physical and psychological harm to fresher’s / other students.The members of the cell are :
- i) Dr. Dibyendu Talapatra
- ii) Prof. Amitava Deb, Associate Professor, Dept. of Pol. Sc.
- iii) Prof. Subarna Ghosh (Samanta), Assistant Professor, Dept. of Education
- iv) Mr. Subhasis Ghosh, Office-in-charge, Narayanpur Police Station
- v) Mr. Sujit Maiti, Sub-Inspector, Airport Police Station
GUIDELINES / FUNCTIONS
The Cell is responsible for preventing :
- (1) Rowdy / undisciplined conduct of students that has an adverse effect on other fellow students
- (2) Exploitation of fresher’s in any manner whatsoever
- (3) Physical / sexual abuse of students by other students
The Cell has mobilized public opinion against ragging though posters placed in conspicuous locations in the College Campus.