The Women’s Assistance Cell of the College has been set up to ensure gender equality and gender justice for women and prevent their sexual harassment in any form.The members of the cell are :
- i) Dr. Dibyendu Talapatra
- ii) Dr. Saikat Mondal
- iii) Dr. Chaitali Mukherjee
- iv) Dr. Mahuya Bhaumik
- v) Prof. Subarna Ghosh (Samanta)
- vi) Dr. Aloke Pal
- vii) Sri Pranab Kumar Mondal
- viii) Sri Darpan Bhattacharya
OBJECTIVES / POWER AND FUNCTIONS :
- (1) The Cell deals with individual complaints and takes suitable action thereon according to subsisting legal guidelines / college norms.
- (2) The cell equips female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- (3) The cell safeguards the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- (4) The cell resolves issues pertaining to girls / women’s sexual harassment in all forms (physical contact, advances, demand for sexual favours, sexually coloured remarks) any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature).